Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

   Saturday is here marking the end of another busy week at the Salon.It will be an even busier Sunday, we're replacing the ceiling in the shampoo room and hoping everything goes smoothly and with no gliches so that we can open on Monday with monimal mess left behind.
   Things are really starting to roll for Amanda and Evan, their appointment books are starting to fill up, so if you would like to experience the talents of these fabulous young stylists you should make your appointments soon. I'm proud of them. It is unusual to find young people in this day and age that have such dedication to their craft, talent and a strong work ethic. I guess I should also thank their parents for instilling these values in them.
   Speaking of parents, it's Fathers Day tomorrow, the time of the year that we honor our Fathers, bestowing upon them tokens of our appreciation, more ties with clever sayings that they only wear under great duress, gadgets and gizmos and cheap cologne.I can't celebrate in such fashion as my Father has been gone for a very long time, leaving this world much sooner than he should of. I would like to take a moment and pay tribute to my Dad. He was part of the Greatest Generation, the ones we can thank for the things that we have now.My Father was a real "mans'" man,as many of that byegone age were, hard as nails and as strong as a bull. He wasn't particularly warm and fuzzy, he was never one to say I love you, although there was never any doubt in our minds that he did. His actions spoke louder than any words ever could. He took great pride in our accomplishments and taught us that there was no shame in our failures. He taught us to be fair and honest in our dealings, to take pride in the things that we did as well as ourselves and to work hard but to take a little time to enjoy all of the pleasures, large and small, that life has to offer.
   I was always amazed by the fact that there didn't seem to be anything he couldn't do if he put his mind to it and I learned thru his guidance that there was nothing I couldn't do if I so had the desire. His sense of humor was dry and sarcastic and hilarious if you knew how to take him and if there was anything I truly miss about him, that would be it. But I don't really miss him, although he no longer walks this earth he is still a part of me and always will be. So tomorrow when my work is done, the mess is cleaned up and all is put right, I'll hoist my glass high in a silent toast to a man who once was . The man whose shadow I exist in. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment